Project Highlight – St Cecilia’s Hall

9 months ago


Commissioned by the Edinburgh Musical Society in 1762, St Cecilia's Hall is Scotland's oldest purpose-built concert hall. Designed by Robert Mylne, a Scottish architect and engineer best known for his work on Blackfriars Bridge, St Cecilia’s Hall comprises of a Concert Room, hosting a range of concerts and public events, and a Music Museum, which is open to the public and brings together the University's historic collection of musical instruments for the first time.

Following a feasibility study in 2011, Glasgow-based architects Page\Park set to work on a £6.5 million refurbishment, with the aim to make it "fit-for-purpose as the principal destination for musical instrument display, teaching and performance and to be a key cultural and ceremonial space for the University."

Alex Bond, part of the Lovair Project Team, worked alongside Page\Park to help create a bespoke hand-washing slab made in Bisque, a soft and natural Corian colour, with a 380mm backsplash.


Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required